Intro: when browsing on the internet, how to ensure that you have a safe connection? What if hackers and trackers are waiting for your unsecured connection to cross paths with theirs. The best way to avoid all threats is to use a VPN service to access the internet so that you have a safe internet experience. But how do you choose the VPN service for your device? Read on to know more about it to make a wise and decisive choice:
What is VPN?
VPN or Virtual Private Network is a secure connection between devices and platforms. VPN service providers encrypt the data you send to them to protect your online traffic from hackers. The first thing you need to know is that the VPN allows you to stay protected online by hiding your actual IP address and encrypting all of your incoming data. This way, no one will have access to any data sent or received on your device, not even a hacker on a public Wi-Fi network at a coffee shop. Many VPN service providers in the market, such as proxy-rarbg, offer excellent features that include speed, security, servers (location), number of devices that can connect simultaneously, or protocols. You need to clearly understand what you want to do online before choosing a VPN service because some services offer minimal features that may not be enough for you.
Consider what your primary use for the VPN service is?
You need to know what you want to do online before choosing a provider. Many providers have different features and services, so it is better if you clearly understand what you need first. The most common use for using VPNs is to access geo-blocked sites that are not available in your country or secure your connection against hackers and snoopers. But there are several other reasons to use VPN:
- VPN providers that support Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology encrypt all online data from your browser to their servers. Other VPN protocols include Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP), and OpenVPN protocol, which blend both SSL and PPTP technologies. OpenVPN is the latest and most secure protocol that is currently available in the market. Your protocol choice should depend on your needs and the level of security you want to achieve while browsing online.
- The next thing to consider in choosing a VPN service is its location and server network. The aim is to connect to a server close to your locality to achieve faster internet speed. The closer the server, the more efficient your browsing and everything that requires online data transfer you carry out. It also ensures the best security, as if you connect to a remote VPN server, it will take more time for others to use the same connection and will be of no threat to you.
Checklist to confirm before you choose your vpn:
Before connecting to the internet, ensure that you use the VPN service for best results and your security. You can do it by using a checklist so as not to miss out on any essential factors. When choosing a VPN for yourself, be sure to consider the following:
- Platform support – support for OS apart from PCs like Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. There are very few providers that give full consent to all these different platform versions.
- The number of devices that can be connected: Several devices support the number of devices that you can connect simultaneously without compromising on speeds. The number of concurrent devices that can use the VPN service on a single account. It might require you to upgrade your plan or choose a different provider who offers better value for money.
- Bandwidth limit for VPN – usually, when you subscribe to a plan, there is always some bandwidth included in it to ensure an uninterrupted browsing experience. Even if you are not using the VPN to stream videos, music, etc., on your browser, it is always better to have some bandwidth capacity under your disposal.
- The reputation of the provider: an established provider will always be reliable and offer a real benefit for subscribing to its services. Check the importance of the company by reading the reviews of the users that allow you to judge the VPN service before trying it out on your device.
- Customer support: some providers offer 24/7 service on a very convenient platform. VPN service that offers excellent customer service is the obvious choice, so your work and internet connectivity is never threatened.
- Pricing plans: some VPNs are pretty expensive and have fewer features as compared to others. In this case, it is ideal to choose a threshold that best fits your needs and budget.
Conclusion: your device and data privacy depend on how effective your VPN server is. So make sure you choose with utmost care.