Nowadays the customers’ experience usually starts with searching for your restaurant online. The very restaurant and the website have to dovetail into one another. Namely, when visiting a website, customers expect to see the same thing in both restaurant and website.
Please, look at the guide to making one of the top restaurant websites in the world.
- First of all, you should determine the type of the restaurant concept – fast food restaurant, family style dining, restaurant of classic cuisines or fine dining.
- Highlight a restaurant’s key advantage. This can include exquisite location or an interesting menu. It is recommended to choose a key feature of a restaurant and use it when creating your website.
- Analyze the customers’ feedbacks. Use some social networks or web services such as TripAdvisor, Slack, and various forums in order to analyze the audience’s’ opinion. It is also recommended to poll a few customers. Such an analysis will not only help in making website, but also reveal any potential flaws of a restaurant.
- Identify your target customer. Make analysis of people you are going to attract to your restaurant, since the customers are the most important element to be considered. Ask yourself what your restaurant can offer – vegetarian cuisine or special cuisine of some country, extraordinary interior etc.
- Define and analyze the websites of the most successful competitors. This is to be done in order to avoid similarity and to highlight positive and negative features. It is important not to haste with this task. Therefore, first analyze yourself and then your competitors.
- Create content, namely, texts, photos, videos, sounds, and animations and other things to be placed on the website. The content has to discover your story, describe your cuisine and interior.
- Make a design of website sections.
- Analyze the website structure to understand what sections could be excluded or added. Remove the sections, which to your opinion are useless, and add those, which are attractive for the customers. A separate page is recommended for information about weddings, corporate parties or b-days, if your restaurant offer them.
- Provide the designers and developers with the content to shape the website. This is the birth of your future restaurant website. Use social sharing buttons (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) to enable users sharing information about your restaurant.The important thing is to adapt your restaurant website for mobile devices. The latest surveys showed that people prefer mobile devices than desktops for browsing.
- Update the information. The final thing is not to forget updating your website information. Remember that non-updated info is much worse than its absence.
How Much Are We Talking?
It takes around 3-4 months to create a world-class website. The work involves a designer and developer, as well as other specialists. The prices for the website in the US amount to $150,000 – $200,000. Nevertheless, a high quality work with web design companies from Eastern Europe may cost you about $30,000-$35,000.
If you are looking for web design professional, the Vintage team would be pleased to offer its services to create a website for restaurant considering all your wishes and requirements.