Before the digital age, marketing was limited to word-of-mouth and newspaper advertisements, but luckily, now the marketing world has completely evolved. Today’s marketing narrative revolves around emails, social media, paid ads, search engine optimization, and digital storefronts. As a result, every business, whether big or small, has an online presence today.
But, an online presence won’t cut the deal as digital markets become saturated. Instead, marketers must intentionally captivate audiences with their brand’s content. Here, you can leverage the power of visual marketing. It will enable you to use images, videos, and graphics to promote your products and services.
Believe it or not, visual marketing can be crucial in cutting through the noise in today’s visually driven world where people are showered with information. Compelling visuals will enable brands to connect with their target audience, build recognition, and convey unique selling propositions.
Let us show you the ropes if you know little about the visual domain. Here we have highlighted five tips for effective visual marketing.
Choose the Right Content Formats
Here are some content forms for effective visual marketing for your business.
- Outdoor Advertising: According to a study by the Outdoor Advertising Association of America, 74% of Americans notice outdoor advertising. And outdoor advertising is 25% more effective at reaching a target audience than online advertising. Display banners are specifically a great way for businesses to stand out at trade shows.
Anaheim, California, is a popular destination for hosting and attending trade shows. The city’s vast choices of venues, accommodation, and cost-effectiveness have made it a popular destination for businesses. And you will find that the display banners Anaheim CA businesses use are some of the most distinctive and popular.
- Videos: Recently, video content has become extremely popular amongst millennials and Gen Z. It conveys valuable information in minutes, perfect for people who don’t have time to read long articles.
- Infographics: Most consumers buy products and services based on data but can’t go through lengthy research reports. To provide this piece of information, you can create infographics. It packs content in a manner that is easy to digest and share.
Design Engaging Visual Content
It doesn’t matter if you have a graphic designer on board or not; you can take a few steps to improve your brand’s visual aesthetics. After all, you must add a few creative elements to make a lasting impression on your potential customers. First, have one focal point for each image. Second, follow the rule of thirds when framing the pictures to focus on the subject. You must avoid leaving plenty of blank space and use the frame to create a dynamic visual interest.
Above all, be super careful with the filters. It could be tempting to edit images but remember not to overdo them. It can make your photography look unnatural, ruining the aesthetic appeal of your products.
Optimize Video Content
Most people limit their visual marketing strategies to video content. It isn’t a bad idea, but you must ensure your videos are optimized for social media. After all, no one prefers seeing a video with pixelated images and cropped graphics. Hence, understand the dimensions and resize your videos for social media. Another way to optimize the videos is by adding captions. It will expand your reach to a wider audience as most videos get played with sound.
Moreover, keep the videos short, at most 30-40 seconds, for the best engagement. Anything longer than that can increase the loading times, turning people away. Lastly, go vertical to maximize engagement on social forums. It will ensure your content grabs attention while improving shareability.
Lead with Storytelling
In today’s ever-evolving digital landscape, people don’t buy things. Instead, they buy how it makes them feel and the lifestyle it creates. Thus, designing a visual marketing strategy that draws your audiences’ emotions is crucial. For this, you must take time to build rapport rather than opting for hard selling, and for that, nothing works better than storytelling. It will help in building trust and personal connection for your brand. Here are tips to add storytelling to your visual marketing campaigns.
- Focus on the benefits of products and services instead of their features. It will reflect how you aim to solve problems and provide value for the audience. You can also highlight the pain points it solves to spark engagement and interest.
- Educate audiences about the problem your brand is solving and what solutions it provides.
- Once your audience knows the problem, use your visual content to inspire them to take the next step. You can insert call-to-action buttons into your graphics and get people to contact your brand.
Be Consistent with Visual Identity
It might sound like a no-brainer, but many brands fail to remain consistent with their visual identity. Some use the wrong colors, whereas others like to try new fonds and imagery. Remember, all your aesthetics, including colors and font, represent your brand. Hence, they have a substantial impact on the entire visual marketing strategy. Being consistent will allow users to remember and recognize your brand instantly.
When you think of the color green with a Greek goddess, what comes to mind? Probably, Starbucks. Cohesive visuals build a sense of familiarity, making people remember your brand. So, how to ensure your visual marketing strategy is consistent? Look below.
- Create brand guidelines to give an apt structure to visual content. Here, you can select a color palette, fonts, and theme that will be followed when creating content for every social forum.
- Use graphic templates to make your visual content cohesive and branded every time.
- Focus on highlighting a handful of branded colors so that every post your share fits with the color scheme.
Today, delivering exceptional customer experience is no longer a choice but a compulsion for all businesses. And visual marketing is the perfect way to improve customer experience. It grabs audiences’ attention, boosts brand visibility, and helps you outshine competitors. Therefore, now is the time to start incorporating visuals in your content marketing strategy. It will keep your target audience’s attention and boost conversions.